Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'M BACK!!!/ MCCALLS 6562

Hello all!!! Whew, It sure has been a long time since I have blogged...That last baby slowed me down, but now I am back.  I have been sewing over the last year but never seemed to have the time to blog.  Hopefully, all that is changing.
    Anyway, I made this dress for our monthly couples date night.  The pattern was originally a top, however I thought it would be cute as a dress.  Anyway, here is my review.



Pattern Sizing: I made the large

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I made some modifications

Were the instructions easy to follow? I read them and tried to follow them but I got confused and coul not understand the lining instructions...I think the instructions may have had some issues. I ended up doing it differently. See changes below

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I needed a dress for our couples date night and I wanted a one shoulder dress.
I bought this fabric on Friday morning and cut it out Friday night. I eneded up sewing it on Saturday and just finished 45 minutes prior to us leaving for date night!!! Whew!!
Fabric Used: Polyester print from Hancocks on clearance for $2.50 per yard. Lined with polyester satin

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I lengthened the pattern to make it a dress. I tried to use the directions, however I just got confused with the lining . I ended up attaching the facing to the lining and attaching the overlay to the dress itself, then sewing the dress together. I also used an invisible zipper and I used a rolled hem on the overlay hem and the dress hem itself. The fabric I used was blue with pink,turquoise and white, so I used blue, turquiose and pink threads for my rolled hem.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes... Just watch the instructions.

Conclusion: I got a lot of compliments on my dress so I guess it was a hit.

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks great, glad u r back. Congrat on your precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I need to make this dress! LOL

    ReplyDelete