Friday, May 15, 2009



Hello all...well this is my first review(although I have been sewing for 15 years) so be gentle!!!


I saw this shirt made up by Candyo on patternreview and thought it was so cute...




SIMPLICITY 2614








Fabric:
Cotton-Lycra Woven [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: Misses Pull Over Tops with Separate Patterns for A,B,C,D Cup Sizes and Bias Skirt: Threads Collection
Pattern Sizing:14-16-18-20-22...I sewed a 16...
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, better!!!Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were simple...they got a little tricky at the v neck but not too bad if you take your time
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved the ties at the neck!!! And there were less alterations I had to do because the FBA was already done.
Fabric Used:pale yellow stretch cotton from my stash...It has been in my stash for a while so I dont remember where I got it from
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I am 6'2" so i added 2 inches to the length at the bustline on the front and the corresponding location on the back and also added 3 inches at the lower edge.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will probably sew this again since I love it so much, however there are so many other things that on my cutting table that I dont know when it will come back up in the sewing rotation!!Conclusion: Great trendy top that is a breeze to sew...It only took me about 2 hours to whip this one up!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty top. I considered buying that pattern but after noticing it had no darts or seam lines in the back, decided not to as I need shaping in the back. Congratulations on your first review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i think i must try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete