Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BURDA 8/09 #132


A 'LIL BIT ROCK N ROLL!!!

Pattern Description: Burda says this shirt is a lil bit rock-n-roll.
Pattern Sizing:I used a size 44
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yep
Were the instructions easy to follow?
OK...not really...These are typical Burda WOF instructions. I was confused about what line to cut on...turns out I choose the wrong one. Having done that I had to try to ease in and extra inch in the collar stand...UUURRGGHH!!! Thank goodness the collar and flounces covers it up nicely.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Ok...A shoulder princess seam blouse with flounces!!! What's not to love. I am a fool for flounces and ruffles...When I saw this blouse I knew I would be wearing this puppy. I think everything I make has one or the other...My husband says if they go out of style I will be naked, so I told him no way 'cause I am gonna be wearing ruffles til the day I die!!!...I digress.
Fabric Used: Cotton shirting
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I used the longer length version of the shirt. I added 4 inches of length to the sleeve and I did a 2" FBA. I used my serger's rolled hem function to finish the ruffles and the sleeves.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I probably wont sew it again because it is so distinctive, but if you love all these frilly numbers then go for it.
Conclusion: I love , love this blouse...It never fails to get attention.













3 comments: